We are fortunate to offer two very distinct summer programs to youth in middle and high school. Both our Summer Adventure Camp and Leaders in Training offer students a chance to explore and engage with their environment and with each other.
Camp & Youth Leadership
Youth who have visited Project Adventure with a group often ask how they can come back for more. Our Summer Adventure Camp is a one-of-a-kind experience designed to excite, engage, and encourage youth to explore their inner potential through expertly facilitated interactive adventures.
During Summer Adventure Camp, your camper will:
- Exercise valuable life skills, such as setting realistic goals, supporting others and problem-solving.
- Learn technical skills, including climbing, belaying, spotting and knot-tying.
- Make new friends and build a strong camp community through fun games and challenges.
2020 Summer Adventure Camp Schedule
Choose 1, 2, or all 3 week-long sessions
WEEK 1: July 20-24 | $375
Activities during this week focus on building participants' confidence in themselves by promoting a safe learning environment and taking healthy risks.
WEEK 2: July 27-31 | $375
Challenges this week focus on thinking outside of the box and approaching problem-solving in unique ways, as well as providing participants with a chance to create new activities based on what they learn.
WEEK 3: Aug 3-7 | $375
This week's focus is on a variety of ways participants can communicate with each other and how to not only speak their own truth but to actively listen to others' as well.
The LIT program is a unique adventure training experience for high school students interested in developing their leadership skills. Our two-part program includes a week of intensive leadership training followed by a week of guided practical experience at one of our Summer Adventure Camp sessions.
2019 Leaders in Training Schedule
WEEK 1: July 6-10 | $425 (includes Leadership Training + Practical Experience Week)
Intensive Leadership Training
- Explore leadership styles and their application in a variety of settings.
- Build technical and facilitation skills on our ropes course.
- Achieve personal growth through reflection, feedback, and peer interaction.
WEEK 2: Select ONE Week - July 20-24, July 27-31, or Aug 3-7
- Apply leadership skills by facilitating younger youth on the ropes course.
- Practice and increase technical and facilitation skills.
- Receive active coaching while planning/implementing age-appropriate challenges.